Wednesday, 14 March 2012

I'm so excited

Today I am excited. It's a very simple reason for my childish behaviour today. Tonight I see Anthrax at the Oxford O2. Yes, I have seen them before, but never so intimate.

I can hear you now, Anthrax aren't that great, why the excitement? We all have our favourite bands, and then we have our first loves. My 3 were Iron Maiden, Metallica and Anthrax, as a small boy I would play Live after death, ..and justice for all and state of euphoria over and over. To the point were I didn't realise they had other albums. Imagine my excitement when finding The Number of the Beast, Master of Puppets and Among the living..

The 3 mentioned bands I will always defend, I will always get uptight when people slate them. I can pretty much defend anything they produce, except for Lulu. I don't care who sings for Anthrax I can live with both Bush and Belladonna, tonight Belladonna will be in charge. For me it's the sound Anthrax generate, there is something amazing to come from their moments of chugging, I hope that sound is replicated live in a smaller venue.

I've seen Maiden and Metallica many times in their own tours, even exchanged high fives with James Hetfield (just slip that in there). But never Anthrax, I have only seem them at festivals where I was clearly the only excited person around, so had to contain myself. I also will be treated to the new album stuff, frankly Worship Music was a stand out album of 2012, not the best, but certainly a stand out and great return to form from them.

So for these reasons I am genuinely 'pit of my stomach' excited.. Roll on 3pm when I can leave work and hit the roads.. oh and please please play be all end all.. thanks.

I'm sure I'll have a wee picture or review or similar for tomorrow.. and with any luck a sore neck.

2 comments: