Wednesday, 28 March 2012

General Catch Up on Stuff

Anthrax
Blew me away, I knew they would, but an almost perfect setlist and such an intimate gig made it so special. As soon as caught in a mosh started the whole room went ballistic. No choice but to just get involved, which resulted in minor injuries to my neck. Was great to gig again with Daz and finally meet Mr.Gaz P, the man himself delivered as expected, top off and random Bush or Belladonna pop quizzes to people. The kebab on the way back was immense. Great all round night.

Hammerfest
Again another meet up, met and carried lots of luggage for Dawn and Sharon, Also good to see Gaz. B and Becky again. I only went for the Friday and saw the delights of Sci Fi Mania (half naked ladies with fire, monkeys with metal grinders and a big robot mascot), RSJ, Chimara, Anthrax and Evile (some others, but I can't remember them). Anthrax and Evile were solid, as above almost same set but it didn't stop me headbanging away! Thank you to Dawn for the generous pass down of tickets.

Radio
How I dream of a radio show, just weekly.. not being too greedy. Well a new station is opening for the East Midlands called The Wall, demo sent, demo approved and it should begin in June hopefully. I'm thinking a metal Monday show potentially :D Also still waiting to hear if Hermitage FM can fit me into their schedule, they are on FM in North West Leics and online. Going to tricky to get a metal show into such a varied community station. But that's not my decision, I can merely wait. It's been years since I was a regular on a station and to do it again would make me so happy.

Glastonbudget
My band Rezurrected have been picked to go on the Big Top Stage! We expected a tent near the toilets to be honest, certainly not 1 of the 2 main stages! So excited now.. plans are a Metallica/Slayer ending.. we're working on it next week :D We also have pre-Glastonbudget party arranged for May 6th at the Vic Bikers pub in Coalville, all very welcome.

TFFM
April 6th (Good Friday) I have a show, filling in for someone. I'll probably just help out in this respect from now on, going for a 'growing up with the Corbetts' show as my brother is going to break his broadcasting virginity. I also have 2 members of the same band calling in, no not mine, a proper thrash band, trying to get another band sorted as we speak..Tune in from 8pm peeps! www.twitterfamily.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment