Well, it's difficult to express my disappointment in The Wall Rock Radio's decision to cancel my show 'Monday Night Metal Magazine' on what is essentially based on a text conversation.
It was going so well, crept over 100 listeners and had interviews Michael Schenker, with Black Label Society, Overlord and backstage passes to Hammerfest in the bag. The show was getting a great reception and even the SM admitted it was the best show on the station.
Essentially I had forgotten the show on December 3rd had to be pre-recorded and was reminded a few days before, I openly admitted I had forgotten, but plenty of time to sort it. After being called 'Shit for Brains' I was hardly complementary in return and despite many inaccuracies in SM's text back he said to knock it on the head.
This also brings in the old problem of 'no emotion in text' argument, you can't see how someone is saying a comment. But essentially my feeling was correct he was not happy. Frankly it's probably not a bad thing it's been cancelled now as SM clearly has some social issues as a dig into his background has shown a history of falling outs and bullying.
Fortunately my good friends from Twitter had re-branded to Mosh and Destroy and accepted me back into the fold. So at least I can do stuff again, BLS and Overlord I've lost, but haven't lost from Hammerfest yet and have gained insight into some other bands.. sadly not my fan boy BLS!
Enough wallowing in misery, on the up side, Black Saint's first gig went down a storm, a great reception from our friends at the Vic Bikers Pub in Coalville and we all came off satisfied, only seemed to be one mistake and it was only a minor one made by some twat with a guitar (Me!)
So on December 9th we play The Shed in Leicester, we are on at 7:45pm and need 30 people in attendance as well as be as good as we were at the Vic. So with any luck, numbers are just about there, we can get into Glastonbudget next year.. especially as last year was a great buzz!
More ups include:
It was going so well, crept over 100 listeners and had interviews Michael Schenker, with Black Label Society, Overlord and backstage passes to Hammerfest in the bag. The show was getting a great reception and even the SM admitted it was the best show on the station.
Essentially I had forgotten the show on December 3rd had to be pre-recorded and was reminded a few days before, I openly admitted I had forgotten, but plenty of time to sort it. After being called 'Shit for Brains' I was hardly complementary in return and despite many inaccuracies in SM's text back he said to knock it on the head.
This also brings in the old problem of 'no emotion in text' argument, you can't see how someone is saying a comment. But essentially my feeling was correct he was not happy. Frankly it's probably not a bad thing it's been cancelled now as SM clearly has some social issues as a dig into his background has shown a history of falling outs and bullying.
Fortunately my good friends from Twitter had re-branded to Mosh and Destroy and accepted me back into the fold. So at least I can do stuff again, BLS and Overlord I've lost, but haven't lost from Hammerfest yet and have gained insight into some other bands.. sadly not my fan boy BLS!
Enough wallowing in misery, on the up side, Black Saint's first gig went down a storm, a great reception from our friends at the Vic Bikers Pub in Coalville and we all came off satisfied, only seemed to be one mistake and it was only a minor one made by some twat with a guitar (Me!)
So on December 9th we play The Shed in Leicester, we are on at 7:45pm and need 30 people in attendance as well as be as good as we were at the Vic. So with any luck, numbers are just about there, we can get into Glastonbudget next year.. especially as last year was a great buzz!
More ups include:
- My girls are growing up beautifully
- Back on twitter and everyone seems to be cool
- Leicester are currently 3rd
- Seen Anthrax twice since previous posts
So it's more ups than downs..

No comments:
Post a Comment