Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Too many bands too little time

Thanks to a wonderful website (www.mp3va.com) and some great tweeters (Beardy, Carly, Woohoo-ey and Mancy)  I have had my world opened to a vast array of new and old bands.. Not sure how to summarise it, so I've gone for a big list and a score next to them. For those who don't know me, anything 4 - 6 is pretty average, 7 or 8's are good probably 2 or 3 plays a year, 9 and above are into my 'favourite' list..

This isn't based on listing to entire albums, they get the first 3 tracks, generally those with a low score have been moved on, although I will allow them the next couple of starts to get me intrigued. Those with high scores are generally left to play. To the right hand side is the "Gallery of 9.5"


Dozer
Acid Bath 7.5
Acid King 7
Acrimony 9
Animal Alpha 7.5
Atomic Bitchwax 8.5
Baroness 8
Benjamin Francis Leftwich 6.5
Black Tusk 8
Butterfly Effect 7.5
Cog 7
Danzig 7.5
Dario Mollo & Tony Martin 6.5
Dead Letter Circus  6.5
Dozer 9.5
Driven 8.5
Ektomorf 9
Spiritual Beggars
Exhorder 7.5
Fudge Tunnel 8
Ghost 6.5
Helmet 8
High on fire 8
Holy Grail 5.5
Jettblack 7
Karma to Burn 6
Mish 7
Mnemic 4
Mortal Sin 9
Mustasch 8.5
Nebula 6
Obssessed 7
Unida
Pentagram 8.5
Primordial 8
Refused 4
Sahg 7.5
Saint Vitus 7
sHeavy 7.5
Snot 8
Spiritual Beggars 9.5
Sunny Day Real Estate 7
Swallow the Sun 5
Taking Back Sunday 5.5
The Sword 8
Thursday 7
Uneven Structure 4
Unida 9.5
Valient Thor 7.5
Witchking 6.5
77 - 7.5

For those wondering how I get time to do this, I'm a web developer and we are allowed to wear earphones whilst we work, as long as we don't stream anything we're cool to put our tunes on. So I get 8.5 hours a day with these bands and my earphones.. Coding without music would be very boring and somewhat uninspiring. I can't imagine my designs without my music.

I do double check each band on a preview system using mp3va's inbuilt player.. so all those shouty bands get removed before I download! You'll probably gather from the list above I'm not a huge fan of shouty rock and metal bands. 

I'm sure I'll be adding plenty more bands in the future, and for those scoring 9 and above I may even go whole hog and do an album review.. maybe.

Feel free to comment let me know what you think of these bands, feel free to suggest more.. the more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment